By admin, July 10, 2014
Customer Profile: Our client is a group of dedicated dental professionals having a chain of 30 clinics spread across entire US. Their vision is to open state-of-the-art dental care practices that would combine the highest standard of care, the latest technologies, and the services of talented general dentists and specialists to meet the needs of the communities they serve.
A reliable ad hoc reporting application has been the need of the hour for Dental Management organizations that acquire, develop and manage several dental clinics across locations and wire a dental clinic network.
Our client had BI tools that have pre-prepared reports curated by the IT department. But they were looking for an ad hoc query tool, which their business users could use to create dynamic business reports without relying on IT, when they needed to find instant answers to particular business questions.
Leo TechnoSoft’s expert team of developers worked jointly with the client’s business team to deliver an innovative ad-hoc reporting solution, which like all BI applications, is squarely aimed at achieving the company’s goals.
Our developers firstly identified what was each end-user’s strategic function within the company, and then ensured that the ad-hoc reporting solution was optimized to make that function more effective and easier. The developed ad hoc query tool allows a business user to create custom queries and reports outside the extent of the pre-prepared reports. As these queries can put strain on the company’s database, they are run against the data warehouse designed particularly for analytical purposes.
Our customized solution not only helps our client with clean and imposing data on the front end but also fetches the data and transforms it using an ETL for faster processing. Any clinical location at any point of time, a click and the client has the descriptive data in seconds.
• jQuery mobile
• SQL Server 2005/2008
• Predefined and custom query filters, including ad-hoc query abilities
• Real-time data
• On-demand capability to view and refresh
• User-friendly report creation that leverages data filters and sorting
• Creation of complex reports and recurring reports
• Report data elements can be easily modified using report formatting
• Detail and summary tables, charts, cross-tabs and graphs distribution
• Ability to save reports for personal use or share with other users
• Scheduled distribution
• Multiple export and distribution options, including PDF, Excel and e-mail
• Ad hoc query tool promises to empower users and provide self-service access, removing IT as a bottleneck to report development.
• Saves time and training costs– streamlines users’ access to critical information. Requires virtually no training, so anyone can run ad hoc reports
• Import just the exact information required for each ad hoc report.
• User-friendly for non-technical users with drag-and-drop interface and an Excel-like environment to create tables, crosstabs and charts.
• Save and return to ad hoc reports for later use
• Encourages collaboration and information sharing – Users can easily create, organize, publish and make reports available to other users via the Web for on-demand viewing.