Search by Categories:
Search by Solutions/Services:
Search by Technology:
Search by Industry:
By admin, December 27, 2013
Customer Profile: Our client, Computer Society of India (CSI), is the first and the largest body of computer professionals in India. Formed in 1965, the CSI has been instrumental in guiding the Indian IT industry down the right path since its formative years. Today, the CSI has 70 chapters all over India, 418 student branches, and more than 90000 members including India’s most famous IT industry leaders, brilliant scientists and dedicated academicians.
The digital world has changed the way everyone gains access to information, entertainment and education. In fact, websites provide the electronic entrance to government enterprises’ information and transactions worldwide. What’s more, individuals in the business world are quickly adapting to using the digital world effectively as they don’t want to risk being left behind to falter. Government enterprises are experiencing similar pressures to adopt more sharply the potential offered by the digital world.
Computer Society of India is the integrated body responsible for providing all the relevant information to India’s computer professionals. CSI website, therefore, presents the public face of the society to its online constituents. However, the existing website had many problems. CSI recognized through research and analytics that their site was structured to represent their organization rather than the needs and requirements of their users and members. So, our client approached us with the idea of re-inventing the CSI website. They wanted to reorganize and improve the CSI website, with particular focus on helping users find information and services as easily as possible. CSI asked Leo TechnoSoft to help them create a world-class online experience to become much more user friendly and help shift brand perception. They wanted:
• Single Window to CSI
• Integration of Chapters, Events, Awards
• Separate Zones for Members and Non Members
• Main Tool for Membership Promotion
• Integration of Web2.0
• Dynamic Look and Feel
• Central Repository of Knowledge Resources
In response to the CSI’s request, our expert team of developers at Leo TechnoSoft developed a dynamic website using Liferay platform. They completely redesigned and re-architected csi-india.org to include all consumer facing and corporate areas of their site and deliver an exceptional customer experience. Leo TechnoSoft’s expert developers’ team developed a framework for website, based on a User Centered Design (UCD) methodology. It has been purposefully designed to be flexible, and is tailored to meet client’s ambitions, objectives and budgets, as well as updated to reflect advances in technology, consumer behavior and trends, adoption of best practices and lessons learned. This approach aligned well with that of the CSI team who were equally determined to take a customer centered approach to the site and ensure that the best possible solution would be delivered to the people who use the site each month. Leo TechnoSoft worked hand in hand with the CSI in-house team to ensure the new site was delivered in line with the ethos of CSI and to ensure product acceptance could be quickly achieved.
• Liferay 6.0
• Look and Feel Management
• Membership Management
• Membership Services
• Events Registration
• Payment Gateway
• Ticketing for Grievance Redressal
• Coupon Management
• Web 2.0
• Authorize – Upload
• Authorize – Send
• Role and Geography Based Access Rights
• The portal provides access to all CSI information in one place. • It has a simple user interface.
• It also acts as a single entry point to all the different chapters of the CSI.
• It is a complete departure not only from the previous site but most information portals in general.
• It increases convenience and speed in obtaining information or services.
• It allows services and programs to be offered in a more interactive, dynamic way, increasing people participation.
• It reduces costs in providing information about CSI services.
• It expands the possibilities of reaching new sectors of the community or offering new programs.